Be part of the local food movement!
Foraging Workshops with Greg Rosen
Tuesdays August 30 and September 20, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Tuesday October 18, 4 - 5:30 pm
Saturday mid day November 12, 1:30 - 3 pm
Saturdays, 10 am - noon: gardening at the Kitchen Garden behind South. Connect with Iris, the Kitchen Garden Manager, here.
Join us in the Manse Garden, a hands-on outdoor classroom that empowers community members of all ages to learn to grow food. Connect with Greg, the Manse Garden Manager, here.
Manse Garden Volunteer Days
September 16, 23, 30, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Have fun learning to grow food sustainably! Activity options include watering, weeding, shredding compost materials, removing invasives and building raised beds.
The Manse Garden is located behind the building to the right of South Church (343 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry 10522) when facing from Broadway.
We welcome donations of the following used items: wooden pallets (not chemically treated; heat treated is okay), food-grade buckets (5 gallons or more), bags of leaves and/or grass clippings (not contaminated by invasive plants or harmful chemicals such as pesticide and fertilizer), spent coffee grounds, and netting from food packaging such as onions.
There is also a donation jar, where cash or check donations to Roots & Wings are always appreciated (checks made out to "South Presbyterian Church" with "Roots & Wings" in the note section).
All ages are welcome. Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This is a good opportunity for children to learn by observing and pitching in alongside their family and other people.
Public transportation is encouraged and it's about a 5 min walk from the Cedar @ Main St stop of Bee-Line bus routes 0001 and 0006, or a 15 min hilly walk from Dobbs Ferry MetroNorth station. If you must drive, please carpool and use street parking on Broadway.
are you interested in enjoying films and workshops, classes and excursions together? contact email@example.com
Let's make it happen!!
PAST CLASSES & EVENTS
- Accelerated Permaculture Training with Claudia Joseph and team, fall 2018
- Many films about sustainability 2011 - 2017. See some here.
- Composting workshops with Eliza Zazzera 2016 - 2017
- Spiritual Activism. October 1st, 2017.
- Nature Walk at Juhring Nature Preserve in Dobbs Ferry led by Eric Stone. July 7, 2017.
- Healthy Soil: Grow your own Food Naturally, with Doug DeCandia. May 11, 2017.
- Earth Day Sustainability Fair + Farmers Market. April 22, 2017.
- Seed Starting Workshop with Kathy Puffer, offered April 1st, 2017.
- Organic Gardening Series with Suzi Novak, offered in 2015 and 2016.